Meet Our Skilled and Dedicated Team
Terrapin Care Center is proud to offer the most advanced and most highly trained medical professionals possible for physical medicine and pain management in College Park MD.
- The practice is led by Daniel J. Kraus, D.C., a graduate of the University of Maryland at College Park and Life College in Marietta, Georgia. He has extensive experience in structural rehabilitation, with a focus on spinal correction. His approach to treatment is to find the underlying cause of the problem, with each treatment program designed specifically for the individual in regards to pain management in Silver Spring MD. Advanced Certified Chiropractic Biophysics Practitioner, Dry Needling, Graston technique.
- Levy Riley III, D.C., grew up in Prince George’s County, Maryland and is a graduate of McDaniel College. In 2011 he graduated from Life University College of Chiropractic. Dr. Levy Riley is board certified by the National Board of Chiropractic of Examiners and the Maryland State Board of Chiropractic & Massage Therapy Examiners; He has built and established a practice outside of Jacksonville, Fl; He has served as one of the primary chiropractors on an integrated healthcare team treating auto accident injuries as well as slips and falls where he recommended rehabilitative protocols based on diagnosis for 70 plus patients daily; and after realizing that home is where his heart was and is, he moved back to Maryland where he specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal conditions of the spine and extremities. He is also certified in Chiropractic Biophysics, Selective Functional Movement Assessment, Graston Technique, Active Release Technique Spine, and Myofascial dry needling.
Riley has always been an avid sports and fitness enthusiast since childhood. He has played sports including football and track & field at the collegiate level. Dr. Riley has also recently enjoyed other sports including sky diving, zip lining, and riding ATVs. Dr Riley is a firm believer that life is what you make it. He has faith, works hard, and enjoys life to the fullest. In that order.
- Rachel Weene, D.C., Rachel Weene was born and raised in College Park, Maryland with her three brothers and one sister. She graduated from the IB program at Parkdale High School where she received a full academic scholarship to Towson University. After earning a bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science, she furthered her education at New York Chiropractic College obtaining a Doctorate of Chiropractic. Upon graduating in December 2015, she moved back to Maryland to put her skills use.
Dr. Rachel began dancing at the age of three and after high school taught many dance classes throughout the DC metropolitan area. As a dancer, she has a deep understand of the body and movement and is able to use that knowledge as a Doctor of Chiropractic. In her spare time, she enjoys cooking, quilting, dancing, rock climbing, and going on adventures with her husband, Christian.
Dr. Rachel has a passion for the structure and function of the human body and how Chiropractic can improve it. She is a firm believer in restoring the overall health of a patient; that’s why she takes an individualistic approach so that everyone has the ability to reach their optimal health. She truly believes Chiropractic can enhance the quality of life and looks forward to helping improve yours.
- Itamar Simhon, NP-C is a board-certified family nurse practitioner. He joined the Terrapin Care Center to optimize patient health and wellness. Itamar graduated from The University of Maryland in 2008 with a Bachelor’s in Nursing. After graduating, he began his career in the Intensive Care Unit at Suburban Hospital – Johns Hopkins Medicine. In 2012, Itamar became the clinical nurse manager of the advanced wound care clinic at Washington Adventist Hospital. During his tenure, he earned the prestigious “Center of Excellence” award for wound healing rates and patient satisfaction. Itamar then went on to earn his Master of Science in Nursing from Simmons University in 2014. Itamar is currently furthering his career towards an orthopedic certification. When he isn’t studying and caring for his patients, Itamar enjoys spending time with his wife and three kids, rock-climbing, and playing soccer.
- Malik Parker, PT, DPT completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Maryland College Park in 2011 and went on to receive his Doctorate of Physical Therapy in 2016. Before finding his home in outpatient orthopedics, he has had diverse experience treating and rehabilitating patients ranging from the acute care setting at the St. Mary’s hospital of the Mayo Clinic to the collegiate level athletes returning to sport at Bowie State University and Howard University. Dr. Malik believes in empowering patients and focusing on maximizing function while teaching patient independence with symptom management. When not studying new treatment techniques or watching Netflix, Dr. Malik enjoys bouldering, playing flag football, and break dancing.
- Allison Bower, M.A., L.Ac is a licensed acupuncturist with more than 25 years of experience in the field. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in Biology and Philosophy and Master’s degree in both Exercise Physiology and Acupuncture. Allison uses Traditional Chinese medical theory to identify and treat imbalances with one’s physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual being. She has taught at The American School of Alternative Medicine in Columbus, Ohio and has been a clinical supervisor at The Traditional Acupuncture Institute in Columbia Maryland. Allison received her Master’s degree in Traditional Acupuncture from The Traditional Acupuncture Institute in Maryland. She has received advanced training and certifications in Chinese Herbology with Ted Kaptchuk, Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture with Virginia Doran as well as studied Motor Point Sport acupuncture with Matt Callison. She most recently studied for 2 years with Lonny Jarrett advancing her skills in pulse taking and clinical integration. Allison offers comprehensive approach to her acupuncture practice incorporating a wide range of acupuncture techniques including cupping, moxabustion and herbal remedies.
She especially enjoys treating athletes for the care and prevention of athletic injuries as well as increasing performance in the elite athlete. Many professional athletes use acupuncture and cupping to manage their health. Allison has ongoing training in Sports Acupuncture, Tung style acupuncture, nutrition, functional medicine, Chinese medical aromatherapy, and Chinese herbs. She is a Reiki Master, Spiritual Coach through the Spiritual Awareness Institute, and is soon to complete her Functional Medicine training with the Functional Medicine Institute.
We also boast a competent, skilled staff that can help our patients with anything from office appointment scheduling to patient management, skilled in a variety of languages, from English and Spanish to Vietnamese and Bengali.
Come Meet our Staff at Terrapin Care Center
Why not come and meet our doctors and staff members? We are conveniently located at 9658 Baltimore Ave, Ste 420 in College Park, MD, and can be reached at (301) 220-1930. We provide superior pain management to Greenbelt MD residents in our College Park, MD physical medical clinic office location.