Nerve Blocks to Treat Painful Conditions
Terrapin Care Center offers traditional pain management solutions such as nerve blocks to avoid the need for unnecessary drugs and surgery. In addition to nerve blocks for pain management, we offer related solutions such as trigger point injections and epidurals.
Nerve blocks work to relieve pain by interrupting how pain signals are communicated the brain, usually through the injection of a substance such as phenol into a nerve or directly into the spine. Their effects can last between six and 12 months and usually have to be repeated. Here at Terrapin Care Center, we have an anesthesiologist with a pain management fellowship to do interventional spinal procedures for your peace of mind.
Anything from chronic headaches to carpal tunnel syndrome can respond well to nerve blocks, often preventing the need for invasive and dangerous surgery. Our pain specialists in Silver Spring MD have extensive knowledge in treating chronic pain conditions with nerve blocks, addressing the following conditions:
- Spinal or facet blocks to alleviate back and neck pain
- Sciatica and carpal tunnel management with nerve root blocks
- Relaxation of chronic muscle spasms with Botox or phenol injections
- Joint procedures for arthritis pain relief including Hyaluronic Acid Injections
- Leg and arm pain relieving epidurals
- Muscle tension or spasms relieving trigger point injections (although these are more technically referred to as muscle blocks rather than true nerve blocks)
Rest assured, we use state of the art equipment for pain management and physical rehabilitation, with professionals trained in the most up-to-date therapies and rehabilitation techniques available. Don’t be sidelined by chronic pain any longer. You can benefit from chronic pain management in Silver Spring MD when you visit us at Terrapin Care Center.
Call Terrapin Care Center to Learn More About Nerve Blocks
We only hire the best of the best when it comes to professionals who administer nerve blocks. We’d be happy to outline all we do during your free consultation. Call us at (301) 328-1996. We are located at 9658 Baltimore Avenue, Ste 420, in College Park, MD, with convenient hours Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.